My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.managingthemanor.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Dare to DIY-Entertain

The theme of this week's Dare to DIY project was "Entertain", and I've got a fun, new piece to share for the holidays!  We use our table in the breakfast nook for all of our meals at home (no formal dining room); therefore, any centerpieces or other decor must be functional for that space, i.e. easy to remove or move for meals.  We already had a few items, but I was able to find the rest needed at Old Time Pottery.  This is my favorite place for tableware, since most of their items are so low-priced--even lower than places like Home Goods or Kohls!  We only spent $15 on the new items for the piece; and since most of them aren't too Christmas-y, we should be able to use them at other times during the year.

Call me a rebel, but I wanted to put the centerpiece vertically on our table.  Remember what I said above about functionality?  With it being vertical, we can easily slide it over for dining (when it's just the 3 of us).  Plus, I just like being different :)


I already had the red vase, which I bought from Southern Living Home years ago (now Willow House).  It's perfect since our other holiday decor is silver, gold, and red.  I bought a small bouquet of white poinsettias (silk) to go in the vase and placed it on the new, striped table runner.


Mercury glass seems to be all the rage this year, so I was thrilled to find these beauties for $4 each.  They had a wide variety of colors inside the glass, but of course I chose red.


I added 2 small candle holders (already had), then filled all the holders with white tea lights.  Can you spot the little hand in the picture?


I'm having so much fun creating new decor for our home for the holiday season, so thanks to the gals at the Dare to DIY project for the challenge!  Click this link to see the details, and to check out other bloggers' creations.


On to next week's theme!  Have a great day!

Erin

15 comments:

  1. What a great set-up. I really like the runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too! And at $6 I love it even more :)

      Delete
  2. Way to be a decorating rebel! Your table looks great. Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for throwing the party! I'm having fun with it :)

      Delete
  3. Super pretty! Thanks for sharing on Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! For some reason I can't post on your blog today, but I adore your setting. I love seeing non-traditional colors around the holidays!

      Delete
  4. Your table looks cute; it is very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks wonderful! I love the vase in the center--so pretty and timeless. And I totally hear you on functionality. Even having so much as a vase of flowers on my table starts to feel unrealistic after having to move it around anytime anybody wants a snack :-) Great job, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It works so well for us, and I love that we can leave it out all season-long.

      Delete
  6. I love the vase and I totally agree with functionality! I usually slid my centerpiece over and flip the tablecloth on top of it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we usually do, but every time we eat we complain about having to flip it ove--so I decided to turn it around this year. No complaints in the Manor now :)

      Delete
  7. Those white poinsettias are gorgeous! They look so real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just loved finding these little white ones :)

      Delete
  8. Love that table runner! xox

    Alex
    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...