Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pear Cinnamon Cider Punch

I'm so excited to share this recipe today for a Pear Cinnamon Cider Punch!  Seriously y'all, this stuff is off the holiday hook!!  I had something similar to this a few weeks ago at another party, and I loved it so much that I decided to play around with some other ingredients and serve it at our family gathering last Saturday.  The other punch used apple cider, but I couldn't resist the big bottle of yummy, Pear Cinnamon Cider at Trader Joe's on my last visit.  It's super easy and certainly is a crowd-pleaser!

Pear Cinnamon Cider Punch

Ingredients:
• 2 quarts of Pear Cinnamon Cider (found at Trader Joe's)
• 1 bottle of sweeter bubbly (we used Asti Spumante) 
• 1 cup of cinnamon liquor (we used Fireball)
• 1 Granny Smith apple


Instructions:
Chill all of the liquids in the fridge.  We actually put the cinnamon whiskey in the freezer, since the high alcohol content will keep it from freezing.

Pour the bubbly in a punch bowl first, then slowly add the pear cinnamon cider and the cinnamon liquor. Slice the apple very thin and add to the punch.  Serve with a ladle into punch cups or wine glasses.  I do not suggest adding ice to the punch bowl, because it will water it down.  However, your guests could put ice in their individual glasses if they like it more chilled.





I used the apple because that was all I had in my fruit stand that night for garnishing.  I added 4 more whole apples to the bottom of the stand for decoration.  You could use a pear instead; but I really like the tartness of the Granny Smith, and the green color makes the punch really "pop".

The punch was a huge hit at our gathering, and I plan on making it again very soon, (New Year's Eve, anyone??).  It filled my punch bowl; but for a smaller portion, you could easily half the recipe and serve it in a pitcher.

Linked to:  Create Craft Love; Live.Laugh.Rowe; A Bowl Full of Lemons

Cheers!

Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin! This seriously looks so good. I was just in TJ's yesterday and wished I would have seen your post before then. Pear cider sounds so good. Is it a seasonal item?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi! It's so good! I'm guessing it is a seasonal item, since I go in TJ's a lot and haven't noticed it before then. Sorry :( BUT you could substitute apple cider, and it will still be delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Keep 'em coming!