Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

How Organizing Paid Off

Remember when I mentioned at the end of my Organizing Tax Documents post, that I hoped the extra steps I took this year would pay off?  Well they did!  I won’t go into the details of our actual return, but it was beneficial financially to have all of our statements correct and ready to be entered into their system.  Our tax accountant was thrilled that I had all my statements in order and could quickly refer to one when necessary.  She also loved that I had a spreadsheet with totals for all my expenses, rather than just a bunch of receipts.

This all saved her time and us money, since she gave us a great discount on her rate to do our return.  Yeah, buddy!!  We were all smiles that evening :)

I'm not guaranteeing that this would happen to everyone, as it depends on who does your taxes; but it certainly is something to consider if you haven't already filed and plan on having a professional do your return.  It certainly won't hurt to be prepared beforehand!

Hooray for being organized!  And for saving money!  And for being done with our tax return!

Have a great weekend!

Erin

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about this! I am an accountant, super busy with tax season right now, and what you said couldn't be more true! Organized paperwork makes us so happy, and gets you your return faster!

    -Sarah
    http://limitedspaceorganizing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yay! Thanks for leaving this comment! I'm so glad you agree. We had a lot of set-up this time, with many new forms. I think we had about 50 documents, and we were in and out within an hour and a half!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Keep 'em coming!